Torino Youth Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group 1 Workshops Program: REACTIONS & FEEDBACK WANTED.

3 posters

Go down

Group 1 Workshops Program: REACTIONS & FEEDBACK WANTED. Empty Group 1 Workshops Program: REACTIONS & FEEDBACK WANTED.

Post  Ameur Jeridi Wed May 14, 2008 12:47 am

Group 1 (WHID)
Day 1 – Wednesday 2 1st May :
Starter Workshop
21.30 am-23.00 am: Meeting with the group’s members consisting in the following:
• (Re-)Introductions (‘ice-breaking’ in a ‘guess-game’ way) and reminder of work carried out. (20 mn)
• Reminding participants of the highly significant cultural and civilizational purpose of the gathering, of the ‘philosophy’ and great expectations lying behind the group’s work. (10 mn)
• Brief, light, structured presentation on ‘environment, sustainability and humanity’ (with focus on the Euromed region) as a logical / conceptual framework for the Group. (10 mn)
• 2- to 3-minute powerpoint presentations by participants, the 3 best ones to be selected and presented to the plenary during the closing session (30 mn)
• Presentation of the tour, methodological and intellectual guidelines, and the required tasks for participants. (20 mn)

Day 2 – Thursday 22nd May:
Stone-Reading Workshop
9.00 am-11.30 am:
Brainstorming ‘Stones Speak Water’: See into ‘water’ in every site or monument visited with guidelines to be elaborated for the participants’ notes, impressions and thoughts inspired by their seeing into them. Thinking of the most significant sites and / or monuments to select as ‘stops’ of a ‘Tourist Itinerary’ to be illustrated’ on a “Creative Map” out of a Tour Account; provide input for a Declaration, and see the idea of launching a network.
Force-Work Workshop 1
2.00 -3.00 pm:
‘Force’ work session (out of the explorative tour and data, notes and ideas gathered) leading towards the choice of the ‘Tour Concept’ whose semantic and cultural dimensions and implications are to be defined thanks to a synthetic building and formulation of a coherent proposal.
The group would split into 4 sub-groups (‘Forces’) for the finalization of an account on “Water as a cross-road of Euromed cultures” (out of participants’ research papers, visits and exchanges in Torino, a video and/or picture documentary); a ‘Creative Map’ of Torino and water including a ‘Water route’; a Declaration; a Network Alliance project.

Day 3
Force-Work Workshop 2
2.30 -6.30 pm:
‘Force’ work session (continued)
‘Inter-Forces’ Workshop
9.30 -11.00 pm:
‘Force’ work session and elaboration of Day 4 presentations of our Group 1.

Day 4
Gist-show
10.00 am-11.30 am:
Presenting the Group’s work in a novel, impressive way:
1. Participants introduce themselves: Name, country, a word / a motto: (5 mn)
2. Synoptic descriptive and synthetic, illustrated report: (25 mn): 4 group rapporteurs
 Introduction, conceptual background, global objective, specific objectives,
 Proceedings (preparation, visits, information gathering, synthetic work)
 Findings and impressions… (with a selection of participants’ photos in accompaniment):
• Water and heritage in Torino ‘told’ by stone: ‘Stones speak water…’;
• Cross-generational communication and water flow: ‘History speaks water…’;
• Universal ‘water values’ bespoken by Torino city across time: ‘Torino speaks universal water…’).
 Output (research papers, Documentary, Declaration, Network Alliance).
3. Best 3 research papers powerpoint presentations (30 mn)
4. Documentary (photos and / or video sequences) on “Torino, water, and cross-cultural values” (to serve as a component in the “Torino Creative Map). (15 mn)
5. The Euromed YouthTorino Declaration “Water and solidarity for sustainability across generations and across peoples” (to serve as a component in the “Torino Creative Map)
Announcement of the launch of a: Euromed Intergenerational Network Alliance on Water and Heritage “Our Common Destiny” (to be submitted and considered for setting as an ALF Program). (15 mn).
Ameur Jeridi
Ameur Jeridi

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Group 1 Workshops Program: REACTIONS & FEEDBACK WANTED. Empty Feedback

Post  Leonora Sun May 18, 2008 8:23 pm

Ameur,
Altough I don't have that much experience in organising events, I think the program looks great and I don't have anything to change.

I know that it's going to be very intensive and that I'll come back to Germany completely kaputt (needing vacations!) but with a big smile on my face Laughing

A special thanks to all the organizers of the Forum!

Leo***
Leonora
Leonora

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Group 1 Workshops Program: REACTIONS & FEEDBACK WANTED. Empty Re: Group 1 Workshops Program: REACTIONS & FEEDBACK WANTED.

Post  marlen Sun May 18, 2008 8:31 pm

I think too...we will be very "kaputt", but very happy & full of impressions after the meeting! And hopefully than the experiences dont stop, but continue in a promising network!!!! Smile

marlen

Number of posts : 16
Località : original: Dresden (Germany), actually: Perugia (Italy)
Registration date : 2008-05-11

Back to top Go down

Group 1 Workshops Program: REACTIONS & FEEDBACK WANTED. Empty Re: Group 1 Workshops Program: REACTIONS & FEEDBACK WANTED.

Post  Leonora Sun May 18, 2008 8:38 pm

Marlem are you from Dresden?

I lived in Dresden for 2 years! I should have suspected it when I read your paper. Smile

It's my favourite German city...

See ya!

L*
Leonora
Leonora

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post  marlen Sun May 18, 2008 8:42 pm

hey leonora, great to hear that someone lived in dresden and liked it so much! We will have a lot to talk! Also cause in dresden there is so important the topic water, cause there is the river with all his features and problems!
curious to meet you soon or maybe before in skype or msn messenger (marlen_h@gmx.de / marlendd)

bis bald
marlen

Last edited by marlen on Sun May 18, 2008 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

marlen

Number of posts : 16
Località : original: Dresden (Germany), actually: Perugia (Italy)
Registration date : 2008-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Ameur Jeridi Sun May 18, 2008 9:11 pm

Thank you Marlen & Leo*** for your feedback. But after reading your fear of getting "kaputt", I started wondering whether you are younger than me or the opposite!
Anyway, I think that it will, actually, be not just intensive, but very intensive in a way that nobody will be... 'kaputt'. But we should keep this as a joint promise and pledge by all of us.
Ciao, Ciao; or Tshüss! As you like.
Ameur Jeridi
Ameur Jeridi

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down