Torino Youth Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tales about water

5 posters

Go down

tales about water Empty tales about water

Post  murti1974 Mon May 12, 2008 1:58 am

dear all,

I am working on the water tales in my country. After a short time search I realized that there are many of them that I haven"t heard so far.
murat subakan

murti1974

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Back to top Go down

tales about water Empty Hi Murti!

Post  Lenadarlene Mon May 12, 2008 9:02 pm

Yes I realized that too, I also realized I have a tendency to feel that sayings are embarrasing in some peculiar way. I think I share this with many swedes, we are embarrased about our national day and our flag too. I donīt really know why.

Lena,)
Lenadarlene
Lenadarlene

Number of posts : 8
Localitā : Gothenburg
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

tales about water Empty Re: tales about water

Post  Ameur Jeridi Mon May 12, 2008 9:19 pm

Lenadarlene wrote: I have a tendency to feel that sayings are embarrasing in some peculiar way. I think I share this with many swedes, we are embarrased about our national day and our flag too. I donīt really know why.

Lena,)
Can you this embarrassment?
Ameur Jeridi
Ameur Jeridi

Number of posts : 62
Localitā : Tunisia

Back to top Go down

Post  Lieven Paelinck Belgium Mon May 12, 2008 10:51 pm

Ameur Jeridi wrote:
Lenadarlene wrote: I have a tendency to feel that sayings are embarrasing in some peculiar way. I think I share this with many swedes, we are embarrased about our national day and our flag too. I donīt really know why.

Lena,)
Can you this embarrassment?

I feel embaressement reading our Flemish/Dutch expressions on water as well.
It shows we always had a lot of water, and so therefore we hardly think of feeling any type of respect.
For our anthem, flag, ... or other representations of the 'nation' / 'nation-state' I just feel like scream out loud, run away, and hide in the bush. (But also that disappeared almost completely in my country. :-)
Do 'they' (Ameur?) want me to wear that steriotypical farmer's dress: black hat, red handcarchief with white dots,
blue jacket, black trousers and wooden shoes? I don't have them. My parents maybe. And my granddad is long dead. Will my muslim brothers happily taste the beer I bring?
Shall I stick to choclate and cheese? (But it's hot in the car! It 'll melt!)
AAAAArghhh,
Lieven
(From Belgium, the small country with 3 flags, 7 parliaments, and a vague identity)
(Hereby saying 'HELLO EVERYBODY')
(And how does one get that picture online?)

Lieven Paelinck Belgium

Number of posts : 10
Localitā : Antwerp - Belgium

Back to top Go down

Post  Ameur Jeridi Mon May 12, 2008 11:17 pm

First, welcome, dear Lieven. I'm very sensitive to your overflowing humanism. And it's very new what I hear on people's feelings about sayings in other cultures. With such select Euromed youths, interculturality is well on, and the Forum has already started delivering its output to both organizers and characters. See you!
Ameur Jeridi
Ameur Jeridi

Number of posts : 62
Localitā : Tunisia

Back to top Go down

tales about water Empty water water water ... italian water ... mediterranean water ... euromed water ... world waters

Post  Giacomo Tue May 13, 2008 11:57 am

Hi All,

let me give you my point regarding the subject we are going to deal with:

In Italy - north east of the country - where I grew up, where I live and where I work people have always had all the water they wanted, many rivers (from the Alps and from the Apennines) have always brought all the water needed by the Padana lowland. Listening to the old people, years ago there was a different management of the resource that now is more and more requested (especially for agriculture) and a better re-use of it. Now we just receive it as much as we want to as long we are able to pay for it. Money-use of the resource:that's the point for me!
Can we drink the tap water? Is it better or worst of the one we buy from the supermarket? How could we re-use the one that fell on our roof? What elements should we look at if we wonder about quality water? What kind of water will we drink in Torino?

Thanks for the attention.
Regards
Giacomo
Giacomo
Giacomo

Number of posts : 6
Localitā : Italy
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content