Torino Youth Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 min presentation !?

4 posters

Go down

3 min presentation !? Empty 3 min presentation !?

Post  marlen Sun May 18, 2008 1:44 pm

hello (mr ?) ameur,
I have to prepare my presentation for the forum, but I dont know what to tell in 2-3 minutes...there is no time to tell nothing! Just I want to ask what focus I should make. Telling about water in Germany or telling about rainwater, what was my research-topic when I applied for the forum. In my research paper I tried to put everything inside, also the points you gave us for structuring the paper. Maybe there should be given some infos/advices about these short presentations, cause there cannot be all these points inside.

I think powerpoint-presentation is nice and to show pictures is important, but how to make it in 3 minutes? I am sure the most people will make longer presentation. What are you going to do than? ... Also I hope everybody will have the same version, that we dont have to change computers..than time is passing without presentations...

What do the other think?

Anyway I am sure we will have a great & inspiring time and I am happy to meet all the people!
See you very soon!
your marlen

marlen

Number of posts : 16
Località : original: Dresden (Germany), actually: Perugia (Italy)
Registration date : 2008-05-11

Back to top Go down

3 min presentation !? Empty Re: 3 min presentation !?

Post  Ameur Jeridi Sun May 18, 2008 2:10 pm

Hello (Ms?) Marlen!
Well, depending on how communicative and concentrated you are, you can tell much in 3 minutes. And you will, I'm sure. Just give an idea about what your research is about, chose some pieces of information that sum it up, tell, for example, how you consider the Torino event an imporant contribution to Euromed intercultural diaglogue and to set forth synergies and solidarity betwenn its youth, especially an elite of them.
Then, try to formulate an impact-producing message to Euromed officials, businessmen, civil society leaders, peers and future generations: It is not a complex thing; just make out what works your mind. And heart.
Good Luck and Good 'Ppt' for everybody; and See You.
Sincerely, (Mr?) Ameur J.
Ameur Jeridi
Ameur Jeridi

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Lieven Paelinck Belgium Sun May 18, 2008 7:52 pm

Hello Ms! Marlen and Mr! Ameur Smile
I also had a mail conversation with Ameur on my presentation.
As I fear not having the time to give you (all) a representative insight in my artistic practice.
e.g. look at the paper i handed in, it is probably pretty hermetic.
Yesterday I spend a dag with professionals and colleagues from the arts field (nationally and internationally).
I had half an hour to present my stuff!
Guess what?
The first time I wanted to give an overall view ... was ... almost ... a disaster.
The second, third and fourth time I focussed on the pictures that are also included in my paper.
Started of with one, adding the second and as the talk went on it directed itself into a direction that sometimes, went back and forth to my general portfolio. (A portfolio is a map, book, file, ... in which artists keep record of the projects, exhibitions, works they made.)
So I will do all of my best to talk just for 3 mins focussing on only one story that will lead us along some works I recently made. If you feel like more, I hope there will be time for more talks then.
I had some comments from colleagues that when I talked along with the picutres in my portfolio things where much more 'alive' than when I did not talk.
And I am looking forward to do so.
(Are you curiuos now? Good! Smile
Lieven

Lieven Paelinck Belgium

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ameur Jeridi Sun May 18, 2008 9:02 pm

I'm more than "curious", (Mr?) Lieven!
Ameur Jeridi
Ameur Jeridi

Back to top Go down

Post  marlen Sun May 18, 2008 9:08 pm

ok all my mr! and ms! (just some people get formal to mr ameur Wink..so I didnt know)
I will try my best and hope the other do to Wink...for sure! Just is maybe better to look at the time for the presentations and than we have more time to talk with each other which will be for sure the best part! Smile

greeting from (not ms! please Wink) marlen

marlen

Number of posts : 16
Località : original: Dresden (Germany), actually: Perugia (Italy)
Registration date : 2008-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Ameur Jeridi Sun May 18, 2008 9:14 pm

It's nice joking, kidding innocently. I jumped on your innocence and sincerity to make a 'fuss' or a 'mess' of it. Good luck with your preparations.
Bye, no Ms Marlen. Ha, Ha, Ha (Please promise not laugh and keep your promise).
Ameur Jeridi
Ameur Jeridi

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelGK Mon May 19, 2008 8:16 pm

Just what I have in mind about my presentation: my research topic is public bathing and healing springs with a study-case of Kallithea Springs, Rhodes. I have an official "trailer" presenting the facilities (it actually lasts about 7' minutes) with just music. I think something like the trailer playing back and me narrating on the importance of healing springs and some words on the facilities. No PP needed, just DVD play back. It that OK?

MichaelGK

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-05-09

http://www.kavuklis.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ameur Jeridi Mon May 19, 2008 11:08 pm

Everything would be O.K., providing room is given for 22 participants to present their work. 22X3mn=66mn, 22X4=88mn, 22X5mn=110mn. If everybody accepts sleeping later than usual, no body would mind more than 3-mn short presentations.
See you, dear Michael.
Ameur Jeridi
Ameur Jeridi

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelGK Tue May 20, 2008 9:04 am

Hehe, I completely understand! I'm not really planning to run 6 minutes presentation!

MichaelGK

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-05-09

http://www.kavuklis.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum